Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Scraps

On Wednesday I was livid, I hadn't done anything creative in a while and after a particularly bad day in day-job hell, I was in NEED of some creative output.

Lately I’ve been procrastinating about art blaming it on lack of funds to buy plates or canvas, so I decided to make do with what I’ve got – scraps!

I used all the little bits of paper, envelopes, advertisements, notes etc. that I found in my recycling box as surface for my creations. Limiting myself to yellow and black, I had an episode of creative vomit.



17 mini pieces later, I feel relieved. I’m strangely attached and proud of my little creations made using paint, watercolour pencil, greylead and ink. Having a stack makes me feel like I’ve accomplished something.
Stay tuned for Scraps Part 2…

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sis,

    Great idea with the blog, looks very professional!!! Love it! I'm really proud of you that you are enjoying your art and making something of it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting there if the art (love the last one) is a relief from .. difficult life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the one with the paper edge yellow and black.. looks great! xoxo mel.

    ReplyDelete