Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Drawing, drawing, drawn!

I have been very productive in the last couple of weeks. I went out and got some good quality, thick, watercolour drawing paper and some black pens with different nib widths. I’ve opened up my tin of pencils and began building up my portfolio of illustrations.

At the moment I’m focusing on enjoying myself and drawing things that I like, things that I feel like drawing, and things that are crawling my mind but I also have a whole list of specific items/subjects I’d like to draw pending on the markets I’d like to get into. I’m using black permanent marker pen as outline, and then I render with water-soluble coloured pencils which I blend with water and a tiny sable brush – the colour really jumps out from the page.

I’ve got at least 10 pieces so far - here’s a sneak peek of my favourite three!


1 comment:

  1. This lady in red won my heart right away !

    She brings a deep feeling of joy and happiness from the child in me.

    You just can't look at her without getting smile on your face !

    Thank you for this beautiful feeling :)

    - A big fan

    ReplyDelete