Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Costa Rica Countdown – For Julia and David White Artists’ Colony

In less than ten days I will embrace the artist life in beautiful Costa Rica!

I have been accepted to do a month long fellowship at the Julia and David White Artists’ Colony in Costa Rica. It is an artists' retreat in the town of Ciudad Colon, surrounded by nature, volcanoes, rainforests, hiking trails, wild life…

Here’s a drawing I did over two months ago which I hung high above my desk - it served as a goal to visualize and now finally realize my dreams.

I can't wait to get into my own private studio and start creating – no day job, no errands and no distractions: just the luxurious gift of time to focus on me and my art.

I’ll do my best to keep the blog updated whilst on my adventure, but it might be hard to get me away from my paints, pastels, pencils, inks, scissors, brushes, carving tools, charcoal…

3 comments:

  1. How was your time at the colony- did you like it? I am trying to find out as much as I can about with the idea of going there this winter.

    Kind regards,

    M. Wilson (a painter from Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a songwriter and also considering a visit to the Colony. Would love to hear about your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't do it, would be my advice!

    ReplyDelete