Pages

Friday, June 19, 2009

Hot Off The Press


Malaspina Printmakers is having their annual summer fundraiser with a huge exhibition of all the member's artwork! I have the following three pieces on display and for sale at $100 each:

"Dzidzia" is an aquatint inspired by the ultrasound of my sister's tiny baby while still in the belly. "Dzidzia" literally translates to baby.

"Plaige" is a photopolymer print created from a copying exercise - I drew a picture and made photocopies, and copies of the photocopies, and copies of copies until this image was formed, and then trasferred onto acetate before going through the photo-sensitive printing process. 

"Microphone Inspiration" was inspired by my boyfriend Marc-Andre, who is a very talented musician and is obsessed with recording sound. He is always describing and showing me new microphones and I was drawn to their metallic forms.

Please join me tonight, June 18th at Malaspina for the opening reception, from 6 to 9pm. It's down on Granville Island, 1555 Duranleau Street. Otherwise, the exhibition is running until August 30th. 

It's a great way to meet people, have a few drinks, view and purchase original artists' prints. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment