Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Two new illustrations

I think I'm getting better! This blog is really starting to pay off. Here are two new illustrations that I recently created.






















The first illustration Beaded is of one of my favourite bracelets, a colourful creation that I bought in the balmy seaside town of Montezuma, on my recent trip to Costa Rica. I took a photo of myself wearing the bracelet in my favourite purple dress.

The second illustration, titled Sandals is a reflection of all the gladiator sandals I'm seeing on the streets of Vancouver this summer. I have fallen victim to fashion too and bought myself a funky black pair similar to the style featured on the left.

In both of these styles I have tried to move away from using black as outline - I think it has a more natural and realistic feel this way. I'm using Derwent watercolour pencils.

1 comment: