Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

SOLD!!

Last Friday I sold two paintings!! Wooooooooo hoooooo!

It's so exciting, its the best feeling in the world - it's so nice to earn money doing what you love! I couldn't be happier.

What's even more exciting is that someone is going to be enjoying my artwork in their living room or office, every day. Hopefully they will get lots of positive comments about my art from other people and those people will want to buy more of my art.

The two pieces sold are the ones which I created whilst at the artists' colony in Costa Rica. They were very labour intensive but I guess all that hard work has paid off!!

I have given the paintings the latin names of the actual plants.

Anthurium, acrylic paint on canvas, 18" x 30", May 2009























Alpinia Purpurata
, acrylic paint on canvas, 30"x30", May 2009


I'm also getting ready for the Drift festival coming up very soon in October, so I will keep you posted on further developments!

Starving artist - what's that?

2 comments: