Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ilustration Friday - Early


This week's creative challenge for Illustration Friday is "early". I went blank for a minute with this one until my boyfriend suggested I draw a clock. Then my imagination went wild as it brought back memories of a funny old alarm clock I used to own as a child. It looked almost identical to the one that I have drawn, but I think it was pink. It used to have a life of its own... It would start ringing at the early hours of the morning, even though I set it for a more decent time!

I created this drawing by hand in my sketch book, scanned it and converted to vector, and then coloured it in Illustrator. I am really enjoying this process of drawing-scanning-colouring. Makes the work look hand drawn but professionally finished at the same time. I love Illustration Friday!

2 comments:

  1. I remember getting up that early in my younger days....love the colours. My technique is similar...Draw...Scan..Colour...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jerry! I like your style too :)

    ReplyDelete